Software ON DMCA Policy
- First of all, linking to infringing content is not illegal. The law is currently unsettled with regard to websites that contain links to infringing material.
- At present, software-on.com is still in compliance with 17 U.S.C. § 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). It is our policy to respond to any infringement notices and take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws.
- This site (software-on.com) does not host/store any illegal files on our servers at all. We only index or link the content provided by our users or other websites. In other words, none of these files are allowed to be uploaded, hosted or transmitted by our servers. And, all content we have and provide is just articles consisting of “text, image and links” (a bit like Google search indexes), which are provided solely by our users. They create these articles based on the resources on the Internet (like: blogs/forums) and then post them here in order to share what they consider to be valuable.
- All trademarks, videos, trade names, service marks, copyrighted works, and commercial logos referenced here belong to their respective owners/companies. Software ON is not responsible for what users upload to 3rd party websites (except they are hosted on our servers).
- We urge all copyright owners to recognize that: As a matter of fact, all file links contained in Software ON articles are from other websites (i.e.: they are located somewhere else on the Internet, not in Software ON ). If you have any legal issues please contact the corresponding appropriate media file owners/hosters, not us. Therefore, if you are an individual developer, and you think your files/works are shared by someone of our users, you should find the actual links to them in the article, then send report or DMCA notice to their hosts providers which are storing your copyrighted materials, rather than our host provider showing the articles containing these links. Instead, sending it to us won’t solve the problem fundamentally. Because even if we try to remove all the posts and links, and even ban these users, they could always register a new account on our website and share these links again. Or, we can say, removing the text links and pages on Software ON does not help you a lot, because there are lots of cached pages on the Internet which can be accessed by any users searching them.
- For the hosts storing your copyrighted works/products, we do not have access to these free file hosts. Hence, we can’t help you remove those shared files, you have to contact these file hosts owners to carry on negotiations. Thank you for understanding.
- Eventually, if you mistakenly send your copyright complaints to our host provider rather than the ones hosting your copyrighted files, and bring loss to our website because of our host provider being misguided by you, we will investigate and affix your legal liability. At the same time, we will keep the right to continue to hold relevant articles for a long time, even permanent.